Machine learning aims to imitate and even surpass human intelligence on complicated cognitive tasks, such as recognizing objects in a photograph or understanding the spoken language. The most widely used form is the supervised learning where the output labels are given and the task is to learn or model the mapping between the input and output, using the available training data (regression or classification). A trained system can then be used to estimate the label of a new instance
At Sabanci University, researchers in the Computer Engineering and Science and Industrial Engineering programs are working in the different areas of machine learning.
- 2020-2022 TÜBİTAK 1001 Project (No:119E429): “Predicting and Ranking Semantic Facial Attributes Using Deep Learning”, B. Yanıkoğlu
- 2020-2022 TÜBİTAK Bilateral Cooperation Project (No:119E429): “Deep learning based-hate speech detection in social media: A Comparative Study of Turkey and Tunisia”, B. Yanıkoğlu
- 2018-2021 TÜBİTAK 3501 Project (No: 117E140): “Discovering Cancer Patient Subgroups with Functional Graph Kernels”, O.Tastan
- 2014-2016 TÜBİTAK 1003 Project (No: 103E499): “Content Based Plant Identification”, B. Yanıkoğlu.
- 2013-2015 TÜBİTAK 1001 Project (No: 103E062): “Developing and Using Handwriting Recognition Technologies for Smart Classrooms”, B. Yanıkoğlu.